Client: VOS Construction
CC-4 Ply Falsework, Supercuplok, Slim-lite Soldiers & Cuplok
UTAS Library & Student Centre – Launceston, TAS
The Library and Student Experience building will be in the heart of the Inveresk Precinct, nestled between The Annexe and the School of Creative Arts. Construction is currently being undertaken by local firm Vos Constructions, scheduled for completion by the end of 2021. This stage will provide resources and support for existing and future students during the transition to Inveresk.
Engineered timber will be used for the structure. The sawtooth roof lines and industrial materials blend into the Inveresk environment. Designed by John Wardle Architects to be open and welcoming for students, staff and the community, it includes:
- Student services
- Location: University of Tasmania, Newnham campus, Newnham Drive, Newnham, TAS 7250
- Timeline: to be completed by 2021
- Contractor: Vos Constructions
The engineering, design and supply of the gear in relation to:
- Supply of 1015m² CC-4 recoverable horizontal formwork system for the solid slabs, resulting in a superior concrete finish.
- Supply of 96.19 tonnes of Supercuplok Falsework.
- Supply 120 Slim-lite Soldiers Column Forms.
- Supply of 5 tonnes (12 vertical meters) Craneable Cuplok Access Construction stairs.
- Supply of 1470m LVL and 777 sheets (over 1900m²) of Formply.
As part of the erection and dismantle service, on-site labour was provided and topped up when required. Our team worked closely with the Vos Construction on-site staff.
The supply and use of the CC-4 Falsework system was a first for the state. This system provided significant benefits to Vos Construction with their construction timeline being brought forward due to the system’s efficiencies.
- CC-4 Ply – Falsework
- Supercuplok – Falsework
- Slim-lite soldiers – Column Form
- Cuplok Construction stairs – Access
- LVL, Formply & scaffolding