727 HQ – Newcastle, NSW
Established in the heart and soul of the Newcastle precinct, is the latest A-Grade Office Development. An eloquent 15 storey commercial building named 727 HQ.
Construction works began in early 2021, with Core Project Group Pty Ltd (CPG) being awarded the project. CPG awarded the perimeter edge protection contract to the Acrow Group of Companies, allowing the business to showcase the complete Natform Package (Screens, Stairs, Hydraulics & Handrails).
This commercial precinct offers the employees convenient access to neighbouring restaurants and bars in the heart of Wollongong. With some of the key features including:
- Beautiful views overlooking both the Newcastle Ports and Newcastle CBD
- 11,000sqm of premium commercial space over 15 Storeys
- Articulate curtain wall glass façade providing a full 360-degree prospect of natural light.
- Location: 723-727 Hunter St, Newcastle
- Timeline: 2021 – 2022
- Lead Sub Contractor for Structure Package: Core Project Group Pty Ltd
OUR ENGAGEMENT AND ROLE IN THE PROJECT
- Before the Typical Perimeter Screens were installed. Natform provided a solution for the areas that involved a 3.8m step out with the usage of Structural Steel beams and temporary edge protection. This specific solution allowed the slab above to be poured in a safe and timely manner.
- Provided the Natform Screen System around the perimeter of the project. Screens were erected off Level 6 and climbed to protect Level 15 (Roof). This 3 level Structural Screen System provided the protection required to continue the formwork cycle, resulting in the completion of the 15 Levels in a safe and efficient approach.
- Provided the Natform Handrails, allowing edge protection below the stripped levels. With 8 levels of Handrail provided, the client was able to complete all the internal works safely
- Provided a Natform Hydraulic Climbing Unit to give the site team crane independence and allowed for immediate Screen climbs to keep up with the accelerated formwork cycle.
- Provided a Natform Access Stair System to provide personnel access through the top three levels of the structure.
- Provided a Natform Stretcher Stair System to provide both personnel access and emergency stretcher access.
- Provided consistent on-site engineered inspections to ensure the perimeter protection systems were being operated as per designs.
- Provided over 60 engineered drawings to aid in the visualisation and design of the project.
- Over 2300sqm of Natform Screen System
- Temporary Step out screens 5m
- 8 levels of Handrail Provided totalling at 1300 l.m
- Natform Hydraulic System
- Natform Access Stair System
- Natform Stretcher Stair System
- Natform Handrail System
Natform were engaged to provide adequate edge protection for levels 6-15 at our 727HQ project in Newcastle CBD. The completion of the 16-storey tower has allowed it to become the tallest commercial building in the Newcastle Region.
The seamless transition from the Natform Screens into the Natform Handrail system ensured that a high-quality fall protection was maintained all throughout the project. The Natform Hydraulic Screen climbing system gave the site crane independence and allow for a streamlined edge protection process which allowed the Screens to always be ahead of the formwork cycle.
Adil and Michael were lead design in the Screen Layout and Methodology sequence providing a solution for a safe and efficient work environment. Adil and Michael were always readily available to attend site or answer any queries when required. Our experience with Natform on this project has been very positive and would definitely recommend to colleagues for future projects.